A career with American Engineering Corporation is a challenging and rewarding experience in which you have the opportunity to work directly with members of both the local and military communities in a very wide variety of fields including IT, construction, design, heating and air conditioning, security, and more.
American Engineering Corporation takes pride in its diverse, international team of engineers and technicians. Our teams provide the strategic and tactical expertise to help customers meet their business and compliance requirements. If you are looking for a unique and exciting career in a work environment that is constantly evolving to take advantage of the latest technology, then please check our recurring job openings below.
In accordance and compliance with current Japanese employment requirements, American Engineering Corporation pre-requisites for employment include, but are not limited to;
- Japanese Nationals or personnel possessing a valid Japan VISA and must possess a valid Japan Driver's License. International Licenses are not valid for personnel residing in Japan.
- SOFA status personnel are considered for employment with the SOFA sponsor's command approval.
- In addition to item (a), AEC can provide a VISA; however, based on article 19 of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act, VISA can only be provided when the individual possesses a trade, license, or degree which can not be found in the local employment market.
How to Apply
Please send the Application for Employment along with your resume to email@example.com or print it and fax it to us at +81-98-897-1086; attention to HRO.
- 【TBO】 Procurement & Logistics
Material and equipment Procurement and Logistics coordination for US Military and Multi-National Company construction/maintenance throughout Japan.
・Project Inventory Management
・Processing quotations, purchase orders, and invoices
・Data entry in English/Japanese
- 【Iwakuni Office】Clinic Facility G.Maint/HVAC Tech Support
・Clinic facility and air conditioning equipment maintenance work in the U.S. Military Base
・Daily, periodic, emergency inspection of facilities including air conditioning related equipment
・Responding to emergency calls and preparing/submitting work reports
・Other incidental operations.
- 【Iwakuni Office】 Estimator
・Prepare construction cost estimates and budgets for Architectural, Structural and Civil on design-bid build and design-build projects
・Coordinate with other departments on design build projects to achieve constructability
・Assist MEP Estimators with complex Design-Build projects
・Respond to subcontractor and vendor RFIs and question by preparing addenda
・Support Operations (Construction section) during construction processes
- 【Iwakuni Office】MEP Estimator
・Review construction drawings and specifications in English
・Complete detailed cost estimates for projects small and large
・Collaborate with construction managers, engineers, vendors and personnel from other departments to discuss and formulate estimates
・Review documents to develop a clear and detailed understanding of project scope
・Work closely with the operation teams to relay key project scope information during proposal review meetings and at project turnovers
・Attends and participates to scope review meetings with client to answer any questions
- General Maintenance Technician
Main work is maintenance service related to various mechanical and electrical equipment. Work may also include:
・Manage and supervise site workers
・Manage small-size construction
・Coordinate work with customers and sub-contractors
・Site Quality and Safety control
・On-call maintenance (Rotation)
- 【TBO】IT Installer
Installing LAN cables (inside/outside buildings) at US Military and Multi-National Company construction/maintenance.
- IT Technician
1) Support of Design, Installation, & Testing on a variety of technologies within IT Systems required by DoD customers within Okinawa / mainland Japan.
2) Maintenance & Support of legacy DoD IT Systems; Security, Networks, Audio/Video, PA, & Intercom
- 【TBO】Assistant Estimator
Support estimation work for any projects on U.S. military bases.
・Review construction drawings and specifications in English and explain to Japanese subcontractors.
・Contact Japanese and American subcontractors (telephone & email) to prepare construction estimation.
・Estimate quantities of materials based on drawings and project requirements.
・Prepare estimation in Excel based on subcontractors quotation.
・Coordinate construction with subcontractors and visit jobsite.
- IT Engineer
1) Engineering Design, Programming, and Management of IT contracts for DoD customer in Okinawa and mainland Japan.
2) Engineering Services required to support a variety of technologies offered to DoD customer base.
- 【TBO】Site Lead
Overall construction project management primarily for sites on U.S. military installations.
・Develop Project documents (Process Schedules, Construction Plans, Procedures, Quotations)
・Documentation for site management, estimation
・Coordinate submittals to end-users
・Develop construction drawings (using CAD)
・On-site check and meeting for properties
・Subcontractor management including construction request, budget control, materials arrangement
・On-site construction management and safety control
・Arrangement/management of material transporting vehicles
- 【TBO】Mechanical / Electrical Project Engineer (Engineering Design /Cost Estimating)
■Design engineering and estimating for projects directed by assigned superviors
- Review/evaluate customer Request for proposal
- Site survey & report
■Project plan development
- Tracking ordered materials and delivery progress
- Work schedule development (Materials, subconstructor, contract period of performance, customer request, facilities access, etc)
- Project documentation
- 【TBO】Security Project Manager
Overseas Security System (Access Control System, Intrusion Detection System, CCTV Camera System) product sales and project management of implementation projects to global companies.
Product sales and proposals
Security consultant, design, quotation creation
・Procurement and subcontractor orders
・Schedule and progress management
・Project coordination (coordination with related project stakeholders and vendors)
・Installation management (Site management, subcontractor coordination)
・System setup and configuration
・System function test and commissioning